Take the 24 Hour Water Fasting Challenge
What is the 24 Hour Water Fasting Challenge?
The 24 Water Fasting challenge is a weekly practice where you select one day a week to only consume water for 24 hours.
What are the benefits of a 24 Hour Water Fast?
- During the fast your body is forced to use stored calories as fuel, resulting in rapid fat loss.
- Water Fasting has been shown to Increase insulin sensitivity by helping to reduce excess glucose from the body.
- Accelerates healing and exercise recovery by turning off inflammation.
- Lowers stress and mental clarity.
- Slows down aging and cognitive decline.
- Reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Resting the gut to improve digestion and bowel function.
Who Should Participate in the Challenge?
Water fasting is safe for most people that are capable of dealing with caloric restriction safely.
People with medical conditions or are on medication that requires the consumption of food, should not participate in the challenge without consulting their physician first to ensure it is safe to do so.
How To Do the 24 Water Fasting Challenge:
The Water Fasting challenge is designed to be completed over a period of 8 Weeks: fasting 1 day a week for 8 weeks, for a total of 8-24 hour water fasts.
Step #1: Pick a Day and Plan Ahead
Start by picking a day of the week to complete your 24 water fast each week. Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays tend to be the best days for most people, as those days tend to lend themselves to more rest.
Step #2: Fast for 24 Hours on the Designated Day
Once you pick a day, commit to fasting on nothing but water for 24 hours on that day. However, black coffee and unsweetened tea are also okay.
Note: The 24 hour period starts on the day before after your last meal. The best way to start your fast is after dinner the day before. That way your fast is already half way over when you wake on the day of your fast.
Step #3: Drink plenty of Water
While on the water fast it is best to only have distilled water to help dissolve and remove junk from your body. If you don't have any distilled water, regular water is fine. Regardless of the water you consume, make sure to consume at least 10-12 glasses of water.
Again, it is fine to have black coffee and unsweetened tea, as long as you are consuming sufficient water. Fasting tends to increase the circulation of fluid in the body causing frequent urination.
Drinking fluid is essential to avoiding dehydration.
Step #4: Rest
Ensure you plan your fast on a day when you can limit physical activity. This will limit hunger pains and allow you to focus on rest. If you have a desk job, you should be fine fasting on just about any day.
If you are on your feet or have a physically demanding job, proceed with caution or fast on your day off.
Step #5: After The Fast
The day following your fast, take full advantages of the benefits of your fast by consuming a lot of water and nutrient dense superfoods. Avoid wasting your progress by returning to bad eating habits or having dessert.
Water Fasting Tips
Here are some tips to help you maximize your water fast:
- Drink plenty of water through out the day to help maximize detoxification and elimination
- Do at least 3 high intensity workout sessions each week to help accelerate calorie burn. Click here to follow our FREE workout plan.
- Avoid sugar and eat as many superfoods as possible.
- Get plenty of rest
- Take the next step and make water fasting a regular part of your fitness regimen.
Disclaimer: Participation in the challenge is voluntary. We are not responsible for any adverse effects or injuries resulting in your participation. We don't know you personal medical situation, so it is up to you and your physician to determine that your participation is safe for you.
Sources and Additional Reading:
- Toxemia Explained - By J.H. Tilden
- The Warrior Diet - Ori Hofmekler
- Eat Stop Eat - Faron Connelly
- Fasting and Heart Disease
- Fasting and Insulin Sensitivity